If... I believe

If I believe...

And I'm conflicted about that because I resist hard core beliefs and dogma because I don't want to accidently get stuck in a place where I believe that I am only those beliefs and then limit myself to new possibilities and therefore new beliefs, not that I would want to declare those beliefs any more than the previous ones. And the illogical circular reference continues... (think excel... or quattro... is that the old school program I learned? does anybody even know that anymore? Is that really it? Now I can't remember.)

So I have to find a way to resolve that supposed contradiction. And sometimes I believe that I'm just too stupid or too lazy to figure out just how to do that.

Sometimes the work seems too much. Sometimes I'm just not up to the task. The mountain is too high. The recipe too complicated. The effort to love, too much. But like so many other things in life - there is a point where I realize that all the things that I thought I couldn't do... I really could.

I believe that inspiration is breathing life into another.
I believe in the essential goodness of everyone.
I believe in miracles.
I believe in love.
I believe we choose our lives, and that these choices are all good even if we don't know it at the time.
I believe that peace is not only possible, it is inevitable.
I believe in my cats and my dog (even through the bad, tearing up the couch clawing, and the bad, tearing up the nasal passage farts).
I believe in belief.
I believe that the Beatles were right - love is all we need.
I believe that war sucks.
I believe that we are enough and we are perfect.
I believe we can do better.
I believe I like my new computer and my Treo 650.
I believe we are all creators.
I believe in everlasting change.
I believe in the constant still.
I believe in principles - kindness, compassion, integrity...
I believe that Elvis Costello was right to ask the question - what is so funny about peace, love and understanding?
I believe in notebooks.
I believe Russel Simmons is a rock star.
I believe in Rock Stars.
I believe it is enough to believe.
I believe.

Comments

Popular Posts