things change things stay the same

and so there was this song ... in a commercial? a preview? who knows. But I had to go find that song... it ends up that it's Tears for Fears... quite a few songs from them mean something to me, I mean really mean something. Mad World. That's the name of the song. So I got it, I'm listening to it. Even another version by some chick... and I put the very cool Donnie Darko soundtrack version on my Amazon wish list.

(Christmas is coming... though I am thinking about foregoing the gift-giving madness this year.. it's a thought... don't hold me to it until I really decide that I'm checking out of the consumer-driven, economic-growth-imperative, resource-exploiting marketing enslavement the holidays have become.)

And so that's new, and still the same.

But the really weird new thing is that I got acrylic nails done when I was in Ohio because it was sort of pointless to get a pedicure when it was flipping 50 degress high!! And so this manicure, that totally matched my dress and sorta halloween-ish, is pretty cool, but it is super crazy weird to have nails that extend past the tips of my fingers. That doesn't happen at all, I mean my nails just don't like to be long (I don't indulge in the incredibly nasty habit of nail-biting - I so don't understand that impulse) they just don't grow. Well, they grow, they just break, peel, crack, look horrible so what's the point. The one thing that I wanted to comment about was how cool the clicking sound is on the keyboard. I like that. That's why I even mentioned the dang nails...

But that's not the thing, or the same thing, or the thing that remains the same, or even the thing that changes. I'm not sure what it is, but it has something to do with the fact that I'm blogging and listening to music and reading and whatever at 4 am. Something about that. Something about that is more than vaguely familiar.

Comments

Bobbi Jo said…
by the way, did you notice that the nails are not even THAT long? I'm so sad sometimes.

Popular Posts