I am an idiot...

or so says this guy....
-----Original Message-----From: PeterTSantilli******
Sent: Saturday, January
13, 2007 9:55 AMTo: chuzpeace***

Subject: You are an idiot

...but at least our troops are fighting for your right to be an idiot protestor! You should focus your efforts on coming up with solutions to the problems versus whining about them. You probably do the same where you work.

Probably I am most satisfied that it didn't take me long to come up with a response that I hoped was inviting and peaceful. Of course, I know my intention - if someone doesn't know that, then, they will, like Mr. Peter T. Santilli - read whatever they want in what I say and do. This is how the violence, misunderstanding and disconnect continues. How are we going to end this? The road is long and winding... but what else is there to do?

Dear Sir,

You are a person with your own opinion. And I would like to spend some time talking with you to understand your opinion and to clarify what you think I am protesting, or what you think I am whining about.

Additionally, I am completely focused on solutions by working on a campaign to establish a Department of Peace and Nonviolence to allow for research and to use proven solutions in conflict, to build community, and for remedying the causes of violence both domestically and internationally. During my work on this campaign, I also am taking personal responsibility for my words and actions, understanding it is my right to feel angry, distressed, frustrated, or even judgemental and critical of others, but it is my responsibility to offer the world and the people I come in contact with reasonable, peaceful and nonviolent methods to solve the problems we all face. Additionally, I would be interested in hearing about the solutions you have to offer, because it seems like you agree we should be focused on solutions.

With six members of my family in the armed forces who have, are, and will be fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, I am not quick to forget the sacrifices the troops make in service to their country. If you have friends and family serving, I'm sure you understand that the same as I do, on a deeply personal level.

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in continuing a dialogue. I hope that you will and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Bobbi Jo

By the way, I post this today because, surprisingly, two weeks have passed and I have not received a response. =)

Comments

Popular Posts