Orwell was only the beginning...

so watching, listening, hearing news... about all sorts of things - how prop 8 passed and was upheld because it means the end of civilization if people are in love and want to be married, things like "the CIA 'lied' to me and I've always been supportive of an investigation (someone else do it) we'll do oversight" (or rather, just watch though they're both part of the job), "it is torture/it isn't torture, but if it was, it worked so it was worth it," I'm not racist if I say her food is weird, but she is because she mentioned her heritage"...

so I looked up words like Doublethink is the act of holding two contradictory beliefs simultaneously and fervently believing both (and I had incorrectly called it hypocrisy), cognitive dissonance, and discovered a new one too "true believer syndrome" and my brain almost exploded because some people will always talk louder and longer, no matter how faulty their case and we've got a lot of work to do.

anyway... this op-ed/article is funny.

Comments

Popular Posts