On the Political Evolution

On the Political REvolution

I want to tell you truth you already know
in the depths of your heart and mind
I want to awaken a sleeping giant
and a raised hand, with finger snaps and peace signs at the ready
I want to focus, with intensity and unwavering
tireless concentration
until the answers arise
like magic or consciousness
in words that are familiar
from ancient stones and cosmic light
and energy bursting forth like waves
creating new worlds and old pictures
of what could be
before disillusionment takes hold
and tears of frustration overwhelm

I want to tell myself the truth I already know
to remember what every cell remembers
we are one
breathe in and breathe out
with every breath we are one
we are one
it is all of us or none
it is us not me

I want to arouse the giant
who is in danger of falling asleep
we have to stay woke
we have to see each other
we have to listen to each other
I want you to tell me what I forgot
and I want to remind you of the time
because we only have now
and we must stay true
to the poet and the warrior
to the sage and the future

"We are in this together," he said,
"that is my religion."

I want to hear that again
I want to live that now
and I want to walk that walk
with you, the collective you

June 25, 2016

Background: I was catching up on a few weeks of Real Time with Bill Maher and thinking about the next day (rather, later that day, since it was early morning). A honk and wave was scheduled... could I make it? An air quality forum first thing, should we be there? 

And, a civil disobedience training workshop in the afternoon to prepare for the trip to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Holy shit, what are we getting ourselves into? 

Wouldn't it all be better to stay home and hang out by the pool, and make a 4th of July craft and light some fireworks and consider my patriotic duty complete? And, what exactly is my candidate hoping for, working for, strategizing about, contemplating and what am I going to do? I don't know. I don't know what to tell others when they ask. 

And so I wrote. Because sometimes I write. And sometimes it helps. 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p1sV9sdrbU

Comments

Popular Posts