Walk the path before you, dance to the song in the air.

My first FB censorship happened this morning. Weird. Because at first I thought maybe I hit the wrong button and the post disappeared... it wasn't in my activity log, wasn't on my page, maybe I had posted to a group... but no, because just right now in beginning to recreate it, I distinctly remembered seeing the results with the 50 people I can tag [which others can do 100, what's up with that? But I digress.] And seeing Bill Hedrick's name and "49 others" on the post. Hmmmm.

So here we are again. And again. I  tried three times to press post and it will not. We must persist. File under: Unstoppable. Unrelenting. Unapologetic.

Regarding the Dakota pipeline. And the indigenous people. And all of us.

Yesterday, the tatanka appeared. And artists are moved to create. And people are being called to gather, to migrate, and we resist because it seems so impossible. What can I do, my boat is so small and the ocean is so large?

 In my community, we gathered to paint a vision of action, and hope, for standing together, voting for climate action, sustainability, education, for working people and we had those who put time, sweat, energy and their money to enable a beautiful event. Elsewhere, others gathered in communion, mothers, and children, celebrating life and love and joy, and still opened up their space to hear the speeches from an unexpected political soapbox of three candidates and responded with warm smiles and commitment. There is a blessed unrest and it begins with each of us.

What can we do?

Send supplies. Make calls. Educate others. Hold vigils in solidarity. Vote. Educate others. Protect your local waters. Divest from fossil fuels. Find and use renewable energy. End consumerism. Hold screenings of documentaries and livestreams. Educate ourselves.  Plant a community garden in your front yard. Start a compost pile. Stop sprawl and wasteful development. Make dinner for a couple living under a freeway bridge. Talk to your neighbor. Be a seed of hope and grow where you are. Dance in the moonlight and at sunrise. Love each other. Create. Dream. Act.

My cousin is an artist (many of us are). I read his words accompanying a painted creation while I was at work yesterday. I wept. I'm a little weepy sometimes. But it spoke to me in ways deep, like the ocean does, or a full moon, or the beat of a drum or the whistle of a songbird or the howl of the wind.

The Importance of Water by Damien Mountain. Original painting on canvass 2016. All rights reserved. 

Read more here: https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1301169936622618&id=100001888722162

I  am committing to give $200 to help make prints of this original art created with the #waterprotectors and the life-giving of water in his consciousness. I want to gift this vision and you can help with that as well. We must be willing to move in new ways and know it is the path before us. #evolution #wecandobetter #worktodo #dance

Comments

Popular Posts