What does it mean to be...

here's what I was reading

So I was reading, the reading that I do... the kind that mixes up my mind, and gets my heart pumping and makes my hands want to reach for something, to get busy doing something, anything because I can't believe what I'm reading. Because I can't believe how much I didn't know and how much most people don't know and I try to figure out how to get the word out. I wish I could read and learn and become aware and then just touch someone and let them instantly know what I found out - because I know - even the most well-intentioned, good-hearted, decent people will not do the work to find out themselves. They've got their own lives to lead, their children to raise, their bills to pay, their furniture to dust - or whatever.

S0 - if you can - if you're willing - to at least take a stab at learning something - turn on your local PBS station and watch that. Or even the History Channel. Don't change the station when something comes on about Roosevelt's New Deal and his fight to end the corporate strangehold on everything in America: the economy, the work force, the environment, the environmental health of the world and the medical health of its people. It's the same struggle we're having today. It's nothing new. Having been stripped of their power to make money at the cost of their consumers - corporations fought back with a vengeance and the pendulum has swung back nearly a century later.

Or - read this - and in all the places that you have questions - or the thought passes your mind, that you didn't know that... or you're not sure what he means about this... find the answers, open your mind. Awareness and education are the only ways to build a better world, to make a better now for you and your family. When awareness hits, it's like an expansion of the mind, the heart, the spirit, and you can never go back. You may want to - but you can't.

Comments

Popular Posts