Laying of hands

Have you ever laid hands on someone?
Felt what they were feeling?

I have. Just twice. Only twice.

The first time, I was curious
I rested my leg against his
And in my head I released something within
Something that opened something within me
And all of a sudden I felt this vibration
This tingling
And I thought it was just the beginning
The static of feeling what he was feeling
But it got stronger, and my skin literally started to crawl
And my heart didn't beat faster,
but it was almost like it wasn't beating fast enough
to the blood rushing back and forth in my body
to the tingling, nervous sensation I felt from him
I pulled away, I moved my leg away fast
And I asked, is that how you feel?
Is that the sensation of how you feel?
No wonder you can't sit still
Fidgeting, biting nails, scratching skin
No wonder.

The second time, this little girl
was telling me she didn't feel well
And looking into her eyes, I could see maybe she didn't
And she said her head hurt
And I asked if she got headaches a lot
And her answer was no, not really
just sometimes
For a moment I was grateful, yet again,
that it's my stomach, not my head,
that is affected by life
And so I laid my hand on her head
gently, so as not to make the headache worse
And again, a breath, and some kind of release
And after just a brief moment
I felt the spinning dizziness
Not so much pain
as it was uncomfortable haze
And I left my hand there, for a moment longer
to breathe it in, and to assure myself
I wasn't imagining the feeling
and the feeling renewed, like a pulse,
the spinning sensation
the feverish pulse
And when I lifted my hand away
instantly the feeling was gone

And I want to lay hands on someone and feel them,
feel what they're feeling.
I want to feel someone feel good.
I want to lay my hands like softness on a pillow
and soak up the breathlessness,
the lightheaded bliss. I want to feel that.

Next time that's when I'll do it.

Comments

Popular Posts