Trish Reuser & how she made me feel...

So got the news today...

"It is with great sadness, shock and grief that I am writing to inform you of the passing of our wonderful friend, Trish Reuser. She was an amazingly kind and generous woman with whom I have worked for nearly 13 years. I loved her very much as I know all of you did as well. Trish touched so many lives in Mary Kay, please pass this information on to all who knew and cared for her. She was at home and had a sudden heart attack.

"I left this quote in because it is how Trish ended every email at it sums up all that I learned from her...

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they'll forget what you did, but they'll never forget how you made them feel."
---------------------
Can I tell you what I learned from her? It would be hard to grasp it all, but I learned that you can always find the time to give even when it feels like you don't have the time. I learned that when you're sharing - your time, your energy, your wisdom - it is about the other person, always.

Can I tell you how she made me feel? There would be so much to say and it would all be said with smiles, with gratitude and appreciation, and a wonder at the grace and love that is possible from someone.

Comments

Evie said…
She was indeed a beautiful lady. I met her ten years ago in a yoga class and later went to many of her inspiring meetings, but she was always someone who impacted my life. She was an unabashed example of the "go-give spirit," and always seemed surprised at how good life was to her. It was because she gave so much to others that life was good to her. I will always miss her.

Popular Posts