I have been having the strangest dreams

The other day, there was a dream I had that for about a day I thought was totally real and then I realized... hey, that never happened. The dream really was rather simple. There I was, face to face, with someone... I totally knew him (in my dream) but for the life of me, can't think of who he is now... and we just were looking at each other. Talking. Moving. Dancing. I dunno. But the whole time... we never broke eye contact. And it didn't feel weird or self-conscious or anything like that. That was strange. So, I was walking around... not thinking anything of it... and then, all of a sudden, while I was watching The Garden State, the thought occurred to me, "hey, that didn't really happen, it was a dream."

Then, today I woke up with another dream that I was a brand new teacher, going to teach at my elementary school. It was the first day of school, all the kids were crossing the streets, heading into their classes, apparently there was some kind of fundraising sale on, but it wasn't for baked cupcakes or cookies, it was for turkeys and hams. So there were a whole bunch of golden turkeys lined up along the sidewalk for sale. That was strange. Plus, I was looking for information about where to go, who to talk to since I was new, and I was carrying around a bag of M&M stuff, stuffed toys, games, etc. And I was walking around with hot curlers in my hair. Finally, I arrived in the library, and I was so excited to begin my new job as a teacher. But no one knew what to do - so there I was along with another new teacher, they had us wait at a desk while they got the kids started on some activity. On the desk was a stack of paper picture frames that needed to have the photography studios business card put inside so that when the kids' picture was inside, the parents would know how to order 'em. These frames were in the shape of the gingerbread man, who also needed to have a paper scarf wrapped around his neck. So I started putting those together. Then I woke up.

And there have been tons more - only images and blurry thoughts that I can't quite see clearly enough to articulate... WTF? What does it mean? What did I eat right before I went to bed? I just want to know... because this wondering sucks. Yea, I definitely like surety.

Comments

Popular Posts