Universal, 42, the Moon

There's a fine line between enough people and too much people. Yesterday, was fabulous because I was out and about in the world - imagine that - and there was just the right amount of people. Of course, there was nowhere near enough the type of people that I wanna hang with... but every once in a while, I saw perhaps a kindred spirit - someone who was not a hoochie or some kind of wannabee whose only concerns were looking good, looking at something that looked good, or when their cell phone would ring so they'd look special and wanted.

The summer season hasn't officially kicked in... so there weren't tons of people at City Walk. That was cool. It was great that our waiter at Hard Rock was crazy high but still managed to remember our order. And even after I ordered the wrong damn thing and had to change it... he still got it right. That was cool.

42 is the ultimate answer to the universe. Of course, we don't know the ultimate question, but if you look long enough into your heart, your brain, your soul, you just might find it. The movie was fabulous... of course, I did slip into a diabetic coma partway through it... but I think it was only for 4-5 minutes. Let's hope I didn't miss too much, because when I woke up I didn't really feel like I missed all that much of the storyline. The great feeling at the end... besides loving the style, the wit, the absurdity of it all - was that those things aren't just the movie. They're the world, us, everything at large... it's stylish, it's witty and it's damn absurd. The lesson I remembered - don't take it all so damn seriously. We were created in a factory on the other side of the universe just to see what would happen. That's funny. That's damn funny. And, we are the answers to our own questions. That's exactly it.

My throat is a little sore and voice a little raspy with all the crazy singing along that I do... whenever I'm around live music. Can't help myself, especially when I know the lyrics. And when I don't, I just shout out my own damn poetry trying to find the rhythm hidden in my own words. Either way, it always leaves me feeling thoroughly sated. Woohoo. Gotta love the moon.

Comments

Popular Posts