what works

Imagine this... contemplating what works.

What really works.

Dr. Phil notwithstanding, it's a useful phrase.

It works to go to sleep at a decent hour. To wake up at the crack of dawn, which I have to do anyway. To go to the gym, work out... exercise and whatnot ... stretch, read, meditate and write daily.

It would probably work to do my hair and makeup immediately after taking a shower. I dunno. It's been a while so I'll do it and find out if it works. I'll get back to you on that one.

It works to eat a good breakfast. Eat lunch. Know what's up for dinner. Good, healthy dinner. To have fruit and veggies to snack on throughout the day. And to have Pringles. Yum. That works. Now if I could just remember to pick up some cottage cheese and some peanut M&Ms. And I just remembered that it works to drink water... where the hell is my daily water allowance? Be right back. Ok. Ahhhh. That's good.

It works to plan my day.

So those are the things that work. And it really doesn't make sense to do much anything else if it doesn't add to what works. If it doesn't add to the win column. To the plus side. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

And I was doubly late this month for my period... so that means I was doubly stressed, angst-ridden, uncertain. Well, that makes sense - look how much I've been indulging my wah-wah raves. See, what works is focusing on indulging my hah-hah fun times. On opening myself up to peace, love, understanding. What's so funny about that? Haha... ask Elvis. Not that Elvis, but Abbott's friend, Elvis. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I make myself laugh sometimes. That works.

If you tickle yourself you can laugh when you like. - Chinese Proverb

Tickle yourself so you can laugh everyday. Cuz it works.

Side note: I need a haircut and a pedicure. Ok. Put that on tomorrow's list.

Comments

Popular Posts