Reading...

So I set a goal to read a book a week or so for this year... then Gil said, that's too much... maybe do like 10 or something. Well, that's probably what I did last year. Less than one a month. WTF? Am I a writer or what? A writer writes... and reads. I know this. A thinker reads too. A learner reads. A citizen of the world, reads. A leader reads. So apparently I'm under the belief that I must read - and so I must follow that belief and DO. Really do. Do Big. So 50 books this year. That's not too much to ask from myself.

It IS about creating my own life, my own paradise... the right "kind of paradise"... (that's from a song - Walkaway Joe, Trisha Yearwood - he's the wrong kind of paradise). So last night I finished, "kiss me like a stranger" by Gene Wilder. OMG. So honest. So open. So inspiring.

And - though I didn't know the connection when I ordered the last three books - it's all there in black and white. There's a reason behind everything. Everything along the journey, good, bad, happy, sad, heartbreak and soul-inspiring joy all have purpose. Fulfillment, happiness, joy is inevitable if we don't let the fear keep us from action. One step in front of the other. Action. And find meaning in every circumstance - so you can keep the action going. So be the writer, the director of your own life, and instead of "Action," maybe, like Mel Brooks, you say, "Go."

Comments

Popular Posts