Star Night REVISITED

I've been meaning to write about this for awhile. Because I've definitely been thinking about it and have been so grateful for a good number of people who have told me they think I'm great. Can anyone ever really get tired of that? I mean, really.

So, Friday night at dinner... walking into the restroom to wash my hands, I smile at a consultant. (I feel, sometimes, like I felt when I worked at Knott's Berry Farm. When we were in costume, the rules were simple - SMILE at everyone in the park. I feel like that, in my director's suit - I feel such an obligation to make sure I smile at everyone. It's a happy obligation, though, because, it's kinda fun to smile and connect with people. I remember doing it out of habit sometimes at Knott's - like when I was picking up my check, or checking the schedule, or just hanging in the park on a day off. And I would smile at people and they would look a little puzzled and then I'd realized I was in street clothes.) And then she says, "You're the poet, aren't you?"

Hahahahahhahahahahahaha! AWESOME. AWESOME. And, very calmly and coolly (I hope), I said, "Yes. That's me."

And then talking with Marline tonight--- after signing up Marlene as a new consultant!! WOOOHOOO - and she says, I'm a writer too. And she knows a lot of writers and what's my book? and when will I finish my book so I can get published and whatnot. Finally, found the beginnings of MY PEOPLE. WOW.

I am a poet.

Comments

Popular Posts